Bright and early this morning Kayla and I did a 5K race in Storm Lake. Kayla ran and I walked, but I am proud to say I made it the whole 3.2 miles! My time was 56 minutes, Kayla left me in the dust at 32:24 minutes. Needless to say, I am very proud of her! My goal was to finish, preferably not dead last, and I was not last, there were 5 people behind me...two of which started out ahead of me! I first started walking earlier this summer so that I could do the 5k at the Marathon to Marathon next summer, but then this one came up, so before I gave myself a lot of time to think about it I just sent in the registration...then I knew I had no choice, I had to go do it. It was fun...after I was halfway through I knew I was going to make it and I did enjoy it then. Kayla wasn't sure if she would be able to run the whole way or if she would end up walking with me, but she ran all but about 1 block...she is ready for cross country meets now.

date August 31, 2008

0 comments to “I did it!”

Powered by Blogger.