For those of you not in on the story, I did not want anyone at work to know it was my birthday this year before the day, and that upset some people. The day has come and gone, but some people are still wondering about my choice. I believe I have my reasons, and although they really don't need to be stated here, I will do it anyway, with the hopes everyone can move on.

So the fact that I was upset over having my picture in the paper for my birthday is apparently bothering people so I guess I will state my case...again! Like I have said in several previous posts, I did not want my picture in the paper because that is just not something you do when you work for the paper. I did not want my picture, my name or anything else, I just plain didn't want the attention. That was the main reason I didn't want anyone at work to know the date, because they would want to do something, and I didn't want everyone to see my picture and tell me they saw it, and on and on. I am just not the type of person who likes that much attention.

It had also become somewhat of a game at work, Hannah asked me repeatedly when my birthday was and I always told her I didn't have birthdays anymore. We just went back and forth and it was up to her to try to figure out a way to find out. Of course, she could have easily asked John since he has all that information from when I first was hired, but that would have been to easy. Kayla was the one who eventually spilled the beans...guess I should have told her what was going on.

I guess my biggest thing is, what does it really matter what the reason was? All that really matters is that I didn't want to make a big deal of it this year, and some people thought that was wrong. Excuse me, but I am allowed to have my own opinions and wishes and I would think people would understand that. I don't know what else to say about the subject, I just hope people can move on and get over it. My life, my choices.

date August 17, 2008

0 comments to “Moving on...hopefully”

Powered by Blogger.