Today is my birthday and I am turning 30 for the 13th time. For those of you who are mathematically challenged, that means  I am 42. I really don't mind telling my age, after all, getting older is better than the alternative! I brought donuts to work today, and no one even questioned why, so I think I am in the clear. I know a few people here know, but I think they have forgotten about it. I really don't want a big deal to be made about it, I definately don't want my picture in the paper! That is just not something you do when you work for the paper. 


Don't think there will be much celebrating tonight however, pigs have to be loaded at 5:30 so everyone will be busy. Oh well, it is not like I can't do it another day. Kayla gave me a really pretty angel this morning and Brian gave me a stuffed Iowa State "word"...not sure what to call it, it is just Iowa State spelled out and stuffed in fleece letters and sewn together. 

Wishing I could take the day off of work, but since I took off Monday for Becky's senior pictures and today is a press day, that was not an option. I will leave early if I get the chance though. All in all, it really is just another day on the calendar, but that is fine with me!

date August 15, 2008

0 comments to “Turning 30...again”

Powered by Blogger.