Best political quote this year "Does the McCain group think just because they have a female Vice Presidential candidate all the women will become Stepford wives and vote for him?" 


Now normally I am not a particularly political person, but this year something  just has me watching everything and reading everything. I had the unfortunate situation of watching John McCain last night and Sarah Palin the night before, and I was not impressed with either of them. McCain is too old for president for one thing, and he is so stiff and unexciting (for lack of a better word). But Palin, she makes my blood boil! I am so tired of everyone touting what a wonderful mother she is...ummm, excuse me, but a wonderful mother does not leave her pregnant teenage daughter and special-needs baby at home while she runs all over the country campaigning! And don't tell me her husband is home raising them, because he spends most of his time on an oil rig! Nannies are raising those kids, but she is just a regular person like the rest of us...ha! Besides the fact that she preaches abstinence and no sex ed taught in schools, then when her 17 year old daughter gets pregnant she is okay with that and will be giving her the "full support she will need". I am sorry, but practice what you preach woman! If my 17 year old daughter got pregnant all hell would break loose at my house, it would not be a wonderful family moment...and it shouldn't be! Pregnant teenagers are not a good thing, I don't care who you are, or what office you are running for. Quit trying to fool the American public. I would think the religious right would have a problem with a teenage pregnancy, but apparently as long as she is not aborting the baby it is okay. The religious right is who got Jesus crucified, so let's keep listening to them and their ideas!

Also, the fact the the Republican party is basically using Palin's family as a means to getting more votes is rotten politics. Having a 5 month old baby at the convention just so the cameras can keep showing him is pathetic, as is having his 4 year old sister there. Yes, Obama has his daughters at the convention too, but they are older and were not continually on camera, they were backstage where they belonged.

This country is in need of a major change, and McCain is not the person to give it to us. He is just another Bush in different clothing. Not once did the Republican party mention health care or education, two subjects which are of utmost importance to me. I have to pay for insurance every month and there is no way we can afford higher rates for less coverage. But, the biggest thing I want to hear from the candidates is what they are going to do about college tuition. Within the next three years I will have three kids in college, and the financial aid offered by the federal government is atrocious, at best. After the first year all the grants drop out and these kids are reduced to loans to pay for the rest of their education, so that when they graduate they are so far in debt they have to work for years to pay it off. Is this right? Obama is the only one so far to talk about college education and I think that is because he realizes that is what is important now. Not the war, not the terrorists, not trying to slam your opponent. Yes, I support the troops overseas, but I do not support the war being fought in the wrong country against the wrong people. The other great quote of the political race so far "I want equal pay for equal work because I want my daughters to have the same opportunities as your sons" (Obama).

Needless to say, I am all fired up about this election! Palin annoys the daylights out of me, she is all show and no substance. McCain is full of nonsense and untruths about the Democrats. I have been watching TV and reading things on the web...factual articles, not stuff with one party bashing the other, and I think everyone should do the same so that they can make an informed decision when it comes time to vote in November.

date September 5, 2008

0 comments to “Stepford Wives”

Powered by Blogger.