Another crazy weekend, I swear I am gone more than I am home...yet the house doesn't stay clean! Saturday morning I went to Pocahontas to watch Kayla run cross country, she was a little apprehensive about running because she has been having problems with side pain, but she ended up running and finishing the race. We came home and looked up solutions for side pain on the internet and discovered she needs to eat more bananas and oatmeal...she has requested banana cream oatmeal. Later in the afternoon Dan and I went to Algona to watch both girls perform in the Algona Band Day competition...the marching band performed and they ended up with 4th place in their division, they were less than a point from the 3rd place winner. (Kayla is on the left side of the picture above, with Becky directing). In between running yesterday I managed to get a couple of loads of laundry done and made a dent in the cleaning. Sunday Kayla had to go to Sioux City for a All-State band audition workshop. Becky and friend Haley went along and all three girls spent the afternoon with a friend that graduated from L-M last year and is now attending Briar Cliff. I spent most of the day doing laundry and cleaning, but also got the chance to get out the Halloween decorations. I have been meaning to do that for a week now, but finally got the chance. Dan has been working on the combine all weekend, so he has been kept busy too. There is never a lack of things to do on the weekend!

date October 5, 2008

0 comments to “Happy the weekend is over...well, let's not go that far!”

Powered by Blogger.