My tennis shoes sprung a leak and everytime I walked in the snow I got wet socks, a most uncomfortable feeling. So when Dan and I were in Spencer Sunday I got a new pair of shoes from Dunhams. The first time I put them on I noticed that the shoelaces were the skinny round kind, but with little "nubbins" all up and down them. It is great because they don't come untied, but they are a pain when I do purposely untie them as they knot up...but not a big deal really. But that got me thinking, if the shoelaces break, where will I ever find another pair to replace them? Then I got to thinking, when was the last time I had a shoelace break? I couldn't remember! As a kid I remember shoelaces breaking and tying it back together until I could replace it. I could go to the "junk drawer" and get a new shoelace, sometimes even still in the original package! I have a junk drawer too, but no shoelaces in there. Granted, I don't wear tennis shoes every day like I did when I was a kid, but still!  Are they making tougher shoelaces nowdays or do I just not break them as much? The question of the day...

date January 20, 2009

2 comments to “Musings”

  1. Deb
    January 20, 2009 at 1:41 PM

    Interesting subject to "muse" about! I don't think about shoelaces much.

  1. Unknown
    January 20, 2009 at 1:52 PM

    Hey, I try to keep if fresh on here!

Powered by Blogger.