Today, on Brian's 23rd birthday, I can safely say I completely understand him.

He is a riddle wrapped in a mystery inside an enigma.
(Riddle-a question or statement so framed as to exercise one's ingenuity in answering it or discovering its meaning)
(Mystery-anything that is kept secret or remains unexplained or unknown)
(Enigma-a puzzling or inexplicable occurrence or situation)

This is the child that lives the life of a hippie but wants all the modern computerized accessories.
This is the child who can cook like a trained chef but loves fast food.
This is the child who hated school but is incredibly intelligent.
This is the child who no one will ever completely understand, not even himself. Yet this is the child who is no longer a child, he has become a man in the blink of an eye. I may never figure him out, but I cherish the 23 years I have had to try and look forward to many more.

date November 9, 2011

0 comments to “The boy”

Powered by Blogger.