Have you ever done something and then looked back and wondered what you were thinking? Everyone does, because no one is perfect. But...have you ever wanted a "do-over"? Not me!


I have made a lot of mistakes in my life. Some big, some small. But if I hadn't done those stupid or silly things I would not be the person I am today. When I was little I used to wish and wish that I would get some toy that I wanted or candy or new clothes. Yet if I had been given everything I wanted can you imagine what a spoiled brat I would be today? As I got older I did some dumb things...chased boys that I had no right to have, cruised in my parent's car when I was told not to, skipped class once to hang out with my friends in the gym. Nothing major, just dumb little things...but they are part of who I am.

No one should live in the past. You can't base your future on what you have or have not done in the past. You can't judge yourself on whether or not you have achieved all your dreams and expectations. If you have reached all your goals then you didn't set very high goals! No one should ever quit dreaming and no one should regret things they have done. Regrets get you no where and dreams make you get moving!

Learn from your mistakes and don't repeat them. Don't regret them either. Like the sign on my kitchen wall says "Hope Wish Dream Then Make It Happen". Just don't beat yourself up along the way...you are who you are and I am who I am because of the things we have done. I wouldn't change a thing...

date August 10, 2010

0 comments to “I wouldn't change a thing...”

Powered by Blogger.