Some people hate tattoos. They link them with low-life people who are dirty druggies. They see them on prisoners or think they are only for sailors. Other people love tattoos. They have their arms full of them (sleeves) or they are all over their bodies. I personally am on the fence. I think some tattoos are beautifully done and art. Others are gruesome and go too far. I personally think having them all over your body is too much, but a few here and there I am fine with. Kayla's band teacher has 8 tattoos, but you can only see one small music note on her hand and one small tattoo behind her ear. She is a great teacher, a respected individual in the community and she has tattoos. Ink on your skin does not make you a bad person.


So today is the day. I am going to get a tattoo. Just a small, tasteful one on my leg, a place where it can easily be covered with clothing on a daily basis, or shown if I want it to be seen. I am not a dirty druggie, I am not going to get them all over my body (there are places not even a tattoo artist should see!) and I am not going to make a habit of getting them (although I may get one more, but that is it!). But this is something I have put a lot of thought into and something I want to do. I didn't ask anyone else's opinion before I decided to do it so if someone doesn't like it that won't bother me. My body, my choice.

date April 15, 2010

1 comments to “Inked”

  1. pamela
    April 15, 2010 at 11:41 AM

    Cool! I have a small one on my upper chest that no one can see unless I wear a low cut top. I have also thought about getting another one but not sure what it will be or where to put it yet

Powered by Blogger.