You live your life in a way that you hope will set a good example for your children. You live your life in a way that is comfortable for you and those around you. You live your life in a way that makes you happy. But once in awhile, your life doesn't  go the way you planned it and that is when "angels" step in to help. I truly 100% believe in angels. Not just because I have a collection of over 100 figurines of them throughout my house, but because I have seen, and felt, more than once, their presence in my life and the lives of those I love. To me angels can come in "ghostly" form where you just feel them around you or they can come in human form. When we lived at the house in Marathon I had the drudgery of doing dishes every night and while it may sound strange, I often felt the presence of my grandmother...as if she were watching me from the kitchen door. I have not felt that since we moved to Albert City, but I know she is still watching over me. I have had human angels help me lately when I needed it, they stepped in and gave me support in many ways. Even my kids have angels watching and helping them...Brian and Becky had a successful trip to and from Kansas, angels watched them while they drove and made sure they were safe. Last night Becky's boyfriend, who will be 8 hours away at an Army base when she graduates, told her he is going to try to get leave so he can come home and be here for her ceremony and reception. He is being her angel, even if he doesn't know it and I pray that angels will keep him safe while he is away for 20 months, and help Becky get through that 20 long months too. 


Angels come to us in our weakest moments, when we are on our knees and see no end to the troubles or torments we are experiencing. Angels also come to us when our joy is endless and we can't imagine being happier or prouder. Angels are all around us, watching, loving, helping and guiding...we just have to let them into our lives. You can be a skeptic and not believe, but they are still there. Some you can see, some you can't...but all are welcome in my life...and for those that can read this, and you have done something to help me or those that I love, whether you know it or not, you are my angels, and for that I thank you.

date April 16, 2009

2 comments to “Unexpected kindnesses”

  1. Jennifer @ JenniferDukesLee.com
    April 16, 2009 at 3:53 PM

    Amen to the angels!

    Biblically speaking, it's been said that children have angels assigned to them. (Matt. 18:10)

    And you never know when you might be "entertaining angels unaware." (Hebrews 13:2

    God bless you, and thank you for this awesome piece on the work of angels!

  1. The Hohensee's
    April 16, 2009 at 5:22 PM

    I totally agree. Although there are people who are no longer with us on this Earth, they are still here to guide us on our path.

    And, holy cow, over 100 figurines? you must love to dust!!

Powered by Blogger.