Call me crazy, and I sure many of you do, but I just spent my noon hour driving through the cemetery. I know, this sounds nuts, but it is quiet and sometimes you come across some interesting monuments. For example, today I found a huge building entitled "Storm Lake Mausoleum", I was tempted to see if the door was locked, but if it wasn't I knew I would never have the courage to go in anyway! I also found a smaller building with a family name on it, again, kind of creeped me out. I have no problem with death and cemeteries, I just have a problem walking into a building that is solely made for the dead's final resting place.  Strange? Maybe, but oh well, everyone has their foibles. As I was driving I discovered a tall monument with an angel on top that just made me stop the car and stare...it was simply amazing. Tomorrow I am bringing my camera to take a photo of it...I just fell in love with this grave marker! As most of you know, I am an angel freak (last count I had over 100 over them) but I don't think that is what drew me to this monument as much as the simple beauty of it did.  It is old and discolored, but such "good vibes" came from it...again, call me crazy! (I can take it!) I have often driven through different cemeteries and admired the headstones and monuments, but this is one that I won't forget...and the first I will have a picture of!

date February 13, 2009

1 comments to “Monumental”

  1. Deb
    February 13, 2009 at 1:37 PM

    Cemeteries can be interesting ... I don't have any cemetery pictures but I do like to take pictures of "different" things.

Powered by Blogger.