I took Kayla and two of her friends to a USD basketball game Saturday night. The girls game was amusing because although it was an easy win for USD (they played Texas-Pan America) one of the girls on the opposing team was hilarious! She was a big, manly type girl and she kept yelling at her teammates...in a big, manly type voice :) Then she would hit her chest and yell things at the USD players...I guess she was trying to intimidate them but it probably made them laugh just like it made us laugh. She played a few seconds of the game, but was mostly a bench warmer who yelled a lot.

The boys game was more exciting. At first the Broncs were ahead of the USD Coyotes for most of the game, but then in the last few minutes the Coyotes pulled ahead and fought for a tough win. It was close...the Broncs were ahead, then the Yotes were ahead, then the Broncs...and on and on. But in the end the Yotes won! The girls were all yelling and cheering...it was a fun night.
Of course, the team mascot was walking all around during the game and the girls got the idea they wanted to have their picture taken with him. Once he came near where we were sitting but all three of the girls chickened out and wouldn't try to get his attention so he would come over. Then "Charlie the Coyote" came over again and this time they got brave and waved to him...and he came over for a picture. I grabbed my phone to take it and suddenly had two other phones handed to me! Luckily for Megan and Laura they had phones similar to mine so I knew how to use them. We got the picture and enjoyed the rest of the game.
Spent the night in Vermillion and then of course had to take some time for shopping for USD things on Sunday before we headed for home. Both Megan and Kayla will be Coyotes this fall so they have to show their support...and Laura will be one next fall. I think I officially have more USD things now than I do ISU...and I have a lot of ISU :p
Fun weekend in South Dakota...Kayla and I will be back for scholarship auditions in a few weeks!

date January 31, 2011

0 comments to “C-O-Y-O-T-E-S”

Powered by Blogger.