Name the two major religious holidays...Christmas and Easter right?

Now someone explain to me why those two holidays are also the most non-religious? Christmas means Santa and presents under the tree. Easter means a bunny hides eggs with treats in them.

There are no presents or goodies for St. Patrick's Day, Memorial Day, President's Day, Labor Day, New Year's Day...I guess there is for Halloween, but that day is about as non-religious as you can get! Don't know what made me think about all of this today, but really, it confuses me!

First of all, how to you get a fat man coming down your chimney (breaking in!) and leaving gifts from the birth of Christ? I guess you could stretch it and say the three wise men left gifts for Jesus, but I can say with confidence that none of them were dressed in a red velvet suit.

The one that really baffles me is why a bunny delivers eggs. Bunnies don't lay eggs. Chicks lay eggs, but not brightly colored ones unfortunately. I really see no tie to the resurrection in that one.

I guess people just started something and it caught on...maybe I will start a new tradition and see if I can get the world to notice. Hmmm....

date April 5, 2012

1 comments to “Thinking”

  1. kerijo
    April 6, 2012 at 2:50 PM

    I got three chickens yesterday that lay colored eggs!!

Powered by Blogger.