18

18 years old...wow...
In honor of my favorite band nerd turning 18 today I decided to list 18 instruments she can, or perhaps will, play in her lifetime. The first 13 she has already played, the first 4 she has mastered.

1. Clarinet
2. Bass clarinet
3. Trombone
4. Trumpet
5. Flute
6. Piccolo
7. Bassoon
8. Piano
9. Guitar
10. Recorder
11. Drums
12. Keyboard
13. Saxophone
14. French horn
15. Violin
16. Cello
17. Tuba
18. Sousaphone

Kayla has accomplished a lot in her 18 years and now is off to college to accomplish more. Her dream is to live and perform in New York City, and I see her doing it. Lucky for me she will have to do at least 5 years of college first so that will keep her closer to home! My band nerd has put so much determination and hard work into achieving what she has done so far...music is hard work and takes a lot of time and just plain talent to really do anything with it. Kayla has put the time in and the talent was God-given, so with the two she is a fantastic musician. I am looking forward to many more birthdays filled with "music presents" and dreams being fulfilled. Kayla was a shy, quiet little girl who turned into an outgoing, sometimes dramatic young lady...I can hardly wait to see the full-grown woman she turns into next.

date August 6, 2011

2 comments to “18”

  1. grandma F
    August 9, 2011 at 5:00 PM

    she is most certainly a very talented young lady and we are so very proud of her. I feel she will go wherever she makes up her mind to go with it.

  1. watson5256
    August 10, 2011 at 11:53 PM

    I'm pretty sure 18 is my favorite ;)

Powered by Blogger.