I was looking through some old papers and found this essay, it made me laugh so I thought I would share it...

The Story of My Life (So Far)
By Kayla Jean Josephson

I was born on August 6, 1993 in the Pocahontas Community Hospital in Pocahontas, IA. I weighed 9 lbs 3 1/4 oz and I was 20 inches long. Now, nine years later, I weigh 58 lbs. and I am 51 inches long, which is 4' 3" tall.

I have a brother named Brian, who is 13 years old and a sister named Becky who is 11 years old. My dad's name is Dan and my mom's name is Kathy, they have been married 14 years. We live on a farm near Albert City.

When I was born, we lived on a farm near Marathon. Before I was born everyone thought I was going to be a boy, they were very surprised when I was a girl! I was a very happy baby. I only cried when I needed something. When I was 5 months old I learned to sit up by myself, and when I was 9 months old I learned to crawl. I was late in learning to walk, I didn't learn until I was 16 months old, but now I can run fast! Just a week after I learned to crawl, I pulled the cord on the iron and when the hot iron fell to the floor I touched it and burnt my hand. It took me awhile to try crawling again.

My very first word was "da-da" at 10 months old, and I said "ma-ma" when I was 11 months old, that is also when I learned to wave "bye-bye". After I started talking, I wouldn't stop, I learned the word kitty at one year, pig and sissy (my name for Becky) at 15 months and cow, cracker, toe, daddy and mommy at 19 months. I could say a lot of words by the time I was two, but I wouldn't talk to anyone but my mom.

When I was two years old I got my first haircut, and when it was done I cried and ran to hide in the corner. I learned to write my name when I was 3 1/2 and to read when I was 5. I have said some pretty funny things, some of which are: "When my tooth falls out I can put it back in all by myself" (age 3), "I want to take some books with me to church because when I am in church I am boring" (age 5), "That's my old man" when seeing a picture of my dad (age 5 1/2) and when listening to the song about the foolish man who built his house on the sand I said "What do you expect, he is a man!" (age 6).

I started preschool when I was 4 years old, and I will graduate high school when I am 17 years old. I have five girl cousins (Keri is my favorite) and seven boy cousins. I have five uncles and five aunts, one grandpa, one great-grandpa and two grandmas. Most of my cousins, aunts, uncles and grandparents live in Iowa, but I have one uncle and aunt and two cousins that live in Ecuador, South America. I am related to four people who are in the Laurens-Marathon school; they are my brother and sister, Mrs. Stewart and Devin Stewart.

I love horses, singing and drawing. When I grow up I want to be an art teacher, a music teacher, a librarian or a regular teacher.

date November 1, 2008

2 comments to “Essay”

  1. Deb
    November 1, 2008 at 8:56 AM

    Sounds like she's got her life all figured out!

  1. grandma F
    November 1, 2008 at 4:45 PM

    That is so cute, glad you kept it. Kayla probably thinks it is silly now

Powered by Blogger.